The Effects of Learning Climate on Innovative Work Behavior in Digital Start-Up Company

Main Article Content

Niluh Zahwa Savitry
Marina Sulastiana
Nurul Yanuarti


Along with the fast development of technology, makes computers, robots, and automatization are usually used in the business. This phenomenon makes the competition quite strict for the digital start-up, which provides services in corporate systems. Therefore, a company, an IT-based company, in particular, requires innovation and development. This research aims to analyze the effect of learning climate on innovative work behavior in digital start-up companies. This research used a simple linear regression method with a measuring instrument, namely The Dimensions of Learning Organization Questionnaire and Innovative Work Behaviour. This research was conducted on 102 employees. The result shows that learning climate affects the innovative work behavior in 51% of employees in the company, and the rest 49% are affected by other variables outside this research.

Article Details



Ayuni, G. F. (2018). Pengaruh Psychological Capital dan Service Climate Terhadap Innovative Work Behavior. Universitas Padjadjaran.

Eldor, L., & Harpaz, I. (2018). The Nature of Learning Climate in Public Administration : A Cross-Sectorial Examination of Its Relationship With Employee Job Involvement, Proactivity, and Creativity. Journal of Organizational Behavior,

Farrell, Mark., Shanker, Roy., Bhanugopan, Ramudu., Heijden, V. Der. (2017). Organizational Climate for Innovation and Organizational Performance: The Mediating Effect of Innovative Work Behavior. Journal of Vocational Behavior.

Jong, J & Hartog, D. (2010). Measuring innovative work behavior. Journal Creative and Information Management.

Krueger, N. F. (2000). The Cognitive Infrastructure of Opportunity Emergence. Journal of Business Venturing, 24(3), 5–24.

Loefianti, A. R. (2015). Pengaruh Psychological Capital dan Organizational Innovative Climate Terhadap Innovative Work Behavior. Universitas Padjadjaran.

Luthans, F., Youssef, C. M., & Avolio, B. J. (2007). Psychological Capital : Developing the Human Competitive Edge. New York: Oxford University Press.

Parker, S. K., Williams, H. M., & Turner, N. (2006). Modeling the Antecedents of Proactive Behavior at Work Modeling the Antecedents of Proactive Behavior at Work. Journal of Applied Psychology.

Scott, S. G., & Bruce, R. A. (1994). Determinants of Innovative Behavior : A Path Model of Individual Innovation in the Workplace. The Academy of Management Journal, 37(3), 580-607

Series, W. P., Sameer, Y. M., Ohly, S. (2017). Innovative Behavior of Employees : A model of Antecedents and Consequences, A Deeper Look at Psychological and Organizational Factors.